- 8 oz dried linguine
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Acala Farms Fried Shallot Cottonseed Oil
- 16 oz assorted mushrooms, such as white, baby portobello (cremini) and/or stemmed oyster mushrooms, thinly sliced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Generous 1/3 cup low-fat sour cream
- 2 tsp Dijon-style mustard
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped dill
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Prepare the pasta according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat the Acala Farms Fried Shallot Cottonseed Oil in a large nonstick saute pan or skillet over medum-high heat.
- Add the mushrooms and season with salt and pepper to taste, stirring to coat in the oil. Cook, stirring every minute or so, for 8 to 10 minutes, so the mushrooms’ moisture evaporates. Once they start to brown, remove pan from heat.
- Stir in the sour cream and mustard, parsley and dill. Taste, and adjust the seasoning as needed.
- Drain the pasta, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking water.
- Use tongs to toss the linguine in the mushroom mixture, adding the cooking water as needed to keep the dish moist.
- Top with additional herbs and lemon zest, if desired. Serve immediately. Makes 4 servings.
Image: Alysa and Carla