Serve this rich and creamy Coconut Curry Soup with warm pumpernickel bread dipped with whipped honey butter for a truly wonderful and quick evening meal.
Yield: 6 cups
Prep Time: About 35 minutes
Shelf Life: At least 5 days under refrigeration
- 1 oz Acala Farms Curry Spice Cottonseed Oil
- 4 oz diced yellow onion
- 1/2 oz finely chopped garlic (substitute 1/2 tsp Acala Farms Fresh Roasted Garlic Cottonseed Oil if desired)
- 24 oz fresh or canned pumpkin puree
- 16 oz vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 oz grated fresh ginger
- 1 oz lemongrass paste
- 1/2 oz firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 12 oz canned coconut milk
- 1 1/2 oz finely chopped fresh chives
- In a large pot, heat the Acala Farms Curry Spice Cottonseed Oil over medium-high and sauté the onion and garlic until the onion is wilted and light brown, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in the pumpkin, stock, ginger, lemongrass paste, brown sugar, and allspice. Cover and bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Transfer the soup to a blender and puree until completely smooth.
- Return to the pot, stir in coconut milk, chives, salt, and pepper, and simmer.
- Ladle into bowls and serve with a dollop of heavy cream and a generous spoonful Acala Farms Curry Spice Cottonseed Oil drizzled over the soup.
Image: Clean Cuisine