- Sourdough bread cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup Acala Farms Pure Cottonseed Oil
- 1/4 cup uncooked applewood smoke bacon, diced
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 cup green pepper, diced
- 5 Tbsp butter
- 6 Tbsp flour
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 11 oz light beer
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- 3/4 cup (6 oz) cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp Acala Farms Smoky Chipotle Cottonseed Oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Toss cubed sourdough bread with Acala Farms Pure Cottonseed Oil. Spread evenly on a cookie sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Combine beer, chicken stock and heavy cream in a sauce pot and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Melt butter in a large sauce pot and add bacon, onion and green pepper. Sauté until bacon is cooked and onion and pepper are tender.
- Add flour and mustard powder, stir to form a paste.
- Add the broth mixture one cup at a time, stirring to a smooth consistency before adding more.
- Add bay leaf and season with salt and pepper. Simmer over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Whisk in cheddar and parmesan cheeses until melted. Simmer over low heat for an additional 30 minutes.
- Serve with a drizzle of Acala Farms Smoky Chipotle Cottonseed Oil and top with croutons.